Thursday 10 September 2015

My first HSBC image is based on opposite and same sex marriage, all representing love. I chose these images because they are all an example of two people who are intimate and feel like they have found their soul mates. Also because no matter if the couple are the same gender, Love Wins. I chose the word love because i feel like it best describes what the couples are feeling in the photos. You can clearly see from these images that the couples are happy with their partners.To improve this, i think i could make the text bold so the messages comes across clearer and i could of used an image of an old couple to show that no matter how long you are with some one, if you truly love them, you will always love them. I think my advert would appeal more to grown ups aged 18-40 and both females and males. I also think it would interest same sex couples because it is rare for homosexuality to be advertised.

To create this, i used adobe photoshop. I copy and pasted the images into the hsbc template. Once the image was up, i pressed Ctrl+T to create a box around the image so i could shape it how i desired. I did this process for all three images. After that, I clicked on the text box and i used layer 5 to type "Love". At first the colour was black and it didnt really fit, so i then changed the colour of the text to red and i think it goes well with the theme because red represents love.


My second HSBC image shows a black women who is a single mother, trying to find work, pay her rent and look after her child at once. I chose this image because black women are not always presented in the best way for example, in music videos they are not dressed appropriately and in movies sometimes they are always fighting or going out and do not take very much responsibility. I chose the words "Strength, Stuggle and Dedication" because single mothers go through alot on their own, they tend to work a few jobs to feed and cloth their child/children. They always stay strong so they can be the best possible mothers and they are dedicated to providing and nurturing and making sure their child/children grow up and dont make the same mistakes she did. To improve this, i could of made the image black and white to kind of show that the women is going through a dark time but there will be brighter days. I also could of used the colour yellow for the text because it represents hope and faith and light, which is what a single mother is. I think this advert appeals to young mothers 16-25 and definitely females because it shows how strong they are. 

To create this image, i used adobe photoshop. I copy and pasted the images into the hsbc template. Like i did for the first template, i pressed Ctrl+T to create a box around the image so i could shape it how i desired. I did this process for all three images. Then i used the text box and used layer 8 to type the words "Strength" "Struggle" and "Dedication". I then changed the colour from black to red.


My final hsbc image shows Robin Hood and Daniel Pantaleo (a former american police officer who killed Eric Garner, who was selling cigarettes), i chose these two because Robin Hood, stole from the rich, which is committing a crime but he then gave it to the poor which was doing a good deed and the people saw him as a hero and Daniel killed a man who wasnt committing any serious crime, which is a felony but he was a police man, so to people who he helped during his time in work, he would of been seen as a hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment